Your home is the most substantial investment you will make in your lifetime. Keep it in optimal condition by performing annual home and roof inspections. Doing this can uncover hidden damage that can cause you big problems later. While all the components of your home are important, your roofing system protects the entire structure, from the top to the foundation. A professional roofer can find even the most hidden damages to ensure that your roof keeps protecting your home and your family.
Damage Identification and Repair
A roofing professional can inspect all parts of your roofing system to ensure that each component is performing as it should be to protect your home. They will inspect and assess all of your roof’s systems such as:
- Soffit and Fascia: These boards play an integral role in the gutter function and attic protection.
- Gutters: Your gutters are crucial in protecting your home from flooding, water leaks, and even foundation damage.
- Roof Material: Keeping your material in tip-top shape prevents leaks, animal intrusion, and high energy bills.
- Insulation: Damaged insulation can not only cause increased energy costs, but can also lead to mold, mildew, and rot in your attic.
- Underlayment: This protective roof layer is placed to prevent water and outside debris from entering your home if the roof material is damaged. This sheeting also helps reinforce your roof material to prevent damage.
- Flashing: Found around seams and roof structures, these metal sheets offer additional protection from water and debris.
- Seams: Seams are located where your roof material meets. Separation of these seams leads to leaks and debris intrusion
While self post-storm and semi-annual inspection of your roof and home are important, having a professional perform a yearly assessment will help prevent large damage.
Other Home Inspection Musts
Along with your roofing system, you should also have your other home systems checked. Your HVAC system’s compressor, electrical system, condenser, and evaporator should be examined. Your plumbing, including the indoor water lines, faucets and fixtures, and the outside water and sewer lines, should also be examined to prevent bursts and leaks.
When you need a roof inspection in the Philadelphia, PA area, call the Jemar Contracting, LLC experts at 215-544-1157. We provide comprehensive residential roofing inspections to ensure that your roof is always in tip-top shape to protect your home.